Main Menu

Parking on Campus

All vehicles are required to obtain and properly display a parking decal for the current academic year in order to park on the Shepherd University campus.

Those with a DMV issued handicap license plate or hangtag may park in any handicap parking space on campus unless specified as F/S only.  Current Shepherd University Parking Decal is also required in order to park on campus.

Anyone seeking a temporary handicap decal needs to go through his/her personal physician and state DMV.

Parking Map

There are designated areas on campus to park depending on your parking decal. Please view the Shepherd University Parking Map to find out where you are able to park your vehicle.

*Parking in front of Ikenberry Hall is for Admissions patrons only and requires an Admissions issued pass in order to park.

Student Parking

Parking Decals

Parking areas on the Shepherd University campus are identified by letter and color coded signage. Parking decals must be purchased from the University Police Department, Moler Hall 102.

Decals are $70 ($35 after January 1st) and last for the academic year.

Bring valid driver’s license, current vehicle registration, completed application, and payment to the Police Department for decal purchase. Prior to August 15th of the academic year, decals may also be purchased through the USPS* as well as at the Police Department office (after August 15th, decals may only be purchased at the office during regular business hours). See Decals Through the Mail below for instructions. Residential students – students who live on campus in a residence hall – will receive a blue decal. Commuter students – students who do not live on campus – will receive a red decal.

At this time we do not process decal purchases over the phone or online.

Decals  are to be affixed to the driver’s side, outside, back windshield, lower corner. 

                               Previous years decals are to be removed.

Motorcycle Parking Decals

Motorcycles are required to have a parking decal for the current academic year in order to park on campus. Decals are $70 ($35 after January 1) and need to be affixed to the front windshield or front fork facing out.

Temporary Vehicle Registration

A valid temporary registration (whether from the dealer or the DMV) may be used to register your vehicle.  If a vehicle is registered with dealer tags, please stop by the police department once permanent registration is acquired so that your vehicle information may be updated.

Student Employees

A student employee is permitted to park in the lots assigned for his parking decal only.

High School Dual Enrollment Students

High School Dual Enrollment students may purchase a commuter decal for $70 ($35 after January 1st) which will last the academic year, or they may register for a free temporary semester parking pass.  Commuter decals will permit the student to park in any commuter lot on campus; semester passes are lot restrictive to H-lot.

To register for a parking pass, bring completed application, vehicle registration, driver’s license, and payment (for annual decal) to the Shepherd University Police Department during regular business hours.  All vehicles must be registered and display a current parking decal in order to park on campus.  Please let the Police Department Administrative Office know that you are a High School Dual Enrollment student.

 *Decal Purchase Through the Mail

Send the following to :

Shepherd University Police Department, PO Box 5000, Shepherdstown, WV  25443 Attn: Karina Bordas

**If you have mailed in an application packet for a parking permit and it was incomplete, or arrives after August 15th of the academic year, it will be held at the University Police Department for pick-up upon your return to campus. Incomplete packets missing a self-addressed stamped envelope will be processed, but not returned; packets missing other information will not be processed.  Please bring ID (Rambler or Driver’s License) when picking up packet.

Student Parking Application

EPTA PanTran Schedule

Replacement Decals

If you are no longer going to drive the currently registered vehicle, a replacement decal may be purchased.  Bring the following to the University Police Department:

If the old decal is not returned, the cost of the new decal will be $70 ($35 after January 1).*

Temporary Change of Vehicle

If you are driving a non-registered vehicle for a TEMPORARY period of time, bring the registration of the non-registered vehicle and your Rambler to receive a temporary (one week) pass. Three temporary one week passes are issued to University registered vehicles per semester.

Faculty/Staff Parking

Faculty and Staff members are required to display a current F/S hangtag while parked on campus.  This hangtag permits parking in specified areas and lots on campus.

Current Employees are to bring the previous year’s (17/18) decal to the University Police Department and current vehicle registration(s) to have their hangtags updated for the current year. This process may also be completed via interoffice mail by sending the hangtag and a photocopy of the vehicle registration(s) to the University Police Department, Attn: Karina Bordas. No application is needed unless a new vehicle is to be added.  New hangtags will not be issued this year.

New Employees will need to complete an application and bring in his/her vehicle registration(s) and driver’s license to the University Police Department, Moler 102, in order to receive a complimentary F/S hangtag.  This may be done via interoffice mail by sending the above items (photocopy of the registration(s) and driver’s license) to the University Police Department, Attn: Karina Bordas.

Faculty/Staff Parking Application

Faculty/Staff Visitor Temporary Parking Pass Request Form


Temporary visitor permits are available at the police department for those visiting campus. Visitors will need to bring a valid vehicle registration and driver’s license to the Police Department Parking Services office upon arrival to campus to obtain a pass.  Vehicles must be registered with the University Police in order park on campus and will be permitted to park in H-Lot.

Students and staff who know ahead of time that a visitor is coming to campus may bring a copy  of the visitor’s registration and driver’s license to the University Police Department Parking Services office to receive a temporary pass for the visitor to park in H-Lot.  Acceptable forms of paperwork include a picture (text or email) or photocopy – written text of information will not be accepted.

Campus Parking Map

Parking, Vehicle & Grounds Regulations

Bicycles on Campus

The Shepherd University Police department strongly recommends that you register your bicycle if you wish to bring one on campus. In order to do so, please fill out an application and turn it into the police department to receive a free decal. The bicycle decal is to be affixed on the bike frame facing forward.

Bicycle Application

Wellness Center

Wellness Center parking permit applications and day passes are issued at the Wellness Center. Parking decals are to be hung from the rearview mirror and be clearly visible from the road.  Wellness Center community member parking is permitted in G-lot non-faculty spaces.  Please note signage.

Local High School Swim Team Members

Parking for members of the local high school swim teams during practices and meets is available in H-lot (free) and G-lot ($35 October-February).  Parking decals for high school swim team members for G-lot may be purchased at the Wellness Center.

Event Parking

Football Game Day Parking & Tailgating

Game day parking and tailgating is orchestrated through the Athletics Department, not the University Police Department.  For policies and information and parking changes for the current season, contact Aaron Ryan, Assistant Athletic Director for External Affairs.

Sporting Event Parking

Weekday: Parking to attend sporting events during the academic weekday is available in H-lot and G-lot (non-faculty/staff)*.  Visitor vehicle registration is not required during the time of the sporting event.  Employees and students are required to adhere to lot restrictions during weekday sporting events.

*Parking during weekday soccer games is permitted at the soccer field parking area as well

Weekend: Parking to attend sporting events during the weekend is without lot restriction or visitor vehicle registration. Universal parking regulations are enforced 24/7.

Non-Sporting Campus Event Parking

Weekday: If not noted in the event advertisement or from the department holding the event, please register your vehicle with the Shepherd University Police Department.

Weekend: Parking to attend campus events during the weekend is without lot restriction or visitor vehicle registration. Universal parking regulations are enforced 24/7.


Lot Enforcement

Lot restrictions are enforced until 4:30pm during the academic week. Universal parking regulations are enforced 24/7

Parking Ticket Payment

In Person:   Pay university parking tickets at the Police Department office, located in Moler Hall 102, within the first 10 days. Administrative office hours are Monday through Thursday from 730 a.m.-530p.m; Friday 7:30am-5pm. Please bring your Rambler or ID, ticket, and payment with you.

Mail:     Payment may also be made via mail with check or money order. Include  ticket number, name (if different than payer of the ticket), and SID (if applicable) of the ticket recipient in the memo.

Over the Phone: Payment may be made via credit card during regular business hours.  Please have the ticket accessible for reference.

Online: Online ticket payment services are not available at this time.

After 10 days, if you are a Shepherd University student or employee, tickets are transferred to your student/employee account and need to be paid at the Business Office, Ikenberry Hall.

Weekend Ticketing

Lot restrictions are not enforced on Saturday and Sunday*; however universal parking regulations are enforced 24/7.  See Parking, Vehicle & Grounds Regulations for complete information.

*B-Lot gates are lowered Saturday night into Sunday.  Parking in B-lot is prohibited from unauthorized vehicles when gates are lowered and violating vehicles may be ticketed.

Parking Ticket Appeal

If you feel that a parking ticket was issued in error, bring the parking ticket in question and any evidence to be considered to the Police Department. There you will fill out an appeal form, which will be submitted to the officers for review. You will be contacted with the decision once it has been made.

Appeals will only be considered when it is believed that the ticket was issued in error. A lost ticket, forgetfulness, parking illegally for a short time, or failure to note signage is not grounds for appeal.

Forms of Payment Accepted at the Shepherd University Police Department Include: Cash, Check or Money Order addressed to Shepherd University, Credit Card, Rambler Card